Wallpaper Hanging Instructions
Wallpaper Hanging Instructions - We want you to enjoy your Becca Who Wallpapers at their best. Please read these instructions carefully before hanging the wallpaper.
- Walls should be clean, dry and even.
- Remove any old wallpaper and loose paint.
- Roughen painted surfaces with sandpaper.
- For best results, we recommend that walls are cross lined using a good quality lining paper. Sizing the lining paper will aid adhesion.
Pasting and Hanging
- This is a paste the wall product. The decorator should paste the wall and not the back of the wallpaper.
- A good quality, solvent free, fungicide protected ready-mixed ‘tub’ adhesive should be used.
- Paste should be evenly applied to the wall to hang one length at a time, to an area slightly wider than the width of the paper.
- Butt joints and use a decorators brush to smooth down the wallpaper, working from the centre to the edges to express air bubbles.
- Avoid squeezing paste out of the joints and ensure paste does not get onto the brush or roller.
- No paste should be allowed to come into contact with the surface and hands should be kept clean and dry whilst hanging the wallpaper.
- Paste will damage the surface. The company cannot accept responsibility for marks or damage caused by paste.
- Should any paste have been allowed to come into contact with the surface, it should be lightly sponged whilst still moist, using a clean damp sponge.
This information is supplied in good faith, but without guarantee. Site conditions are beyond our control. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that the environment is suitable for the wallpaper.